Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Tribute to Tom T. Hall

By Joann M. Ringelstetter

Tom T. Hall is one of the best loved country music storytellers of our time. When we were kids, we used to watch him perform on Hee Haw, the country music variety show that aired every Saturday night.

In 1973, Tom recorded his most successful single – a song entitled, “I Love.” It’s a simple song about loving simple things and it reminds me of some of the things I love about hitting the backroads with my camera.

"I Love"
By Tom T. Hall

I love little baby ducks,

Old pickup trucks,


Slow-moving trains and rain.


I love, little country streams,


Sleep without dreams,

Sunday school in May and hay.


I love leaves in the wind,


Pictures of my friends,


Birds of the world and squirrels.


I love coffee in a cup,

Little fuzzy pups,


Bourbon in a glass and grass.


I love honest open smiles,

Kisses from a child,

Tomatoes on the vine


and onions.


And I love you, too.

Thanks for reading the stories we tell each week and sharing our love of the backroads with us.

Happy Shunpiking!
Joann

No comments:

Post a Comment